Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends, I get high with a little help from my friends, I am gonna try with a little help from my friends

Right in the mist of all the boat repairs and changes with crew, my friends, Teri and Bill came for a quick visit. I get by with a little help from my friends. Teri and Bill brought wonderful red wines for Ron; I get high with a little help from my friends. Teri and Bill are from Virgina Beach, vacationing on Bora Bora and took the ferry from Morea to Tahiti and joined us on the boat overnight. We had a lovely visit, and managed to get a day of snorkeling in at the reef. Later we made dinner on the boat.
We posed on the Tiki boat.

Teri and me......oh my god, we're in Tahiti! Susan, we wish you were here.
Banana's from the tree
It's great to see familiar faces from home.













Some foods come right from the source. Bananas are hanging everywhere for the picking. We take our machete and cut the whole bunch.



Most times we hitchhiked from the marina into town. Everyone hear seems to have a really nice car. The French government must subsidize cars for the islanders. It's easy to get a lift and some folks even speak English. As for health care, well a few of us have had to go to the infirmary and I can tell you the French have great health-care. French doctors and Dentist that come to live and work in French Polynesia make double pay! The care is free but you must pay for the prescriptions. I filled two of my prescriptions and they were 1/2 the cost of Mexico and near nothing compared to the USA.

We stopped off at a local hotel for a cold one after our swim.

Bill liked the Desperado beer. It has Tequila in it.

Sunset at Marina Tania with Morea in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment