Monday, January 24, 2011

Anna Rosa's place

Ron is off to the Four season's and I am here in my rented palapa in Yelapa, (love this place) life goes on as usual; kids come home from school, the village is at work, but this corner of the Yelapa bay is relatively quiet.The far north end is where all the main hotel and restaurants cluster together, the area is small but touristy none the same.


Anna Rosa
Anna Rosa hotel, is in fact, a woman named Anna Rosa. A local artist recommended Rosa's place, and you can see that for $40.00 a night the accommodations are lovely; plus, you hear the ocean all night.

Kitchen

Tonight is live music at the Oasis, expect photos and full reports of the food, as this chef' is off for a few day's,therefore, I will report on the food of Yelapa.
Cafe Bahia is just below my casa and the food is delicious and nutritious. I feasted on a breakfast burrito consisting of; seasoned baby red potatoes, black beans, scrambled eggs,salsa Verde and pico sauce. The order of guacamole, which they made fresh just for me, was perfection, as you could taste the avocado.

The hammock was divine

The music at the Oasis was unbelievably great. Female vocalist, female saxophone player, lead guitar, bass, and drums. Danced my self into a trance with the locals and then got invited afterward to the beautiful tree-house home of Chris and Anton, where we all jammed the night away. I forgot my flute but played my heart out on the maracas!   

No comments:

Post a Comment